Compelled To Know - Romans 12:1
Ham Lane Church of Christ
Sermon Study Sheet
Compelled to Know – Lesson 1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
This series is intended to get you into God’s Word by looking at some verses that all believers should be compelled to know – not just memorize but to experience the transformational power of God’s Word. This first lesson dealt with the what it means to be a living sacrifice – being by discussion what it means to be a living sacrifice to you.
1. You can have true sacrifice without worship, but you cannot have true and proper worship without sacrifice. Why does true worship require sacrifice?
2. What did the Old Testament sacrifices foreshadow in the New Testament?
3. Our motivation to surrender our lives as a living sacrifice to Jesus Christ should never be out of guild. What is your motivation to be a living sacrifice?
4. It’s important to meditate on Scripture if we want to live a life of surrender. Read the following Scriptures, what promised can you claim here for when Satan tries to distract you from your course?
a. Deuteronomy 31:6
b. Hebrews 13:5
c. James 4:7
d. 1 Corinthians 10:13
5. How do you think you can be a better witness for Jesus by presenting your bodies as living sacrifices?
When we present our bodies as living sacrifices to Christ, we are surrendering our entire lives, including all of our hurts, habits, hopes and dreams. Then we will have a greater understanding of God’s love which will produce the love of Christ in our lives.