How God Sees Unity
Sermon Study Sheet
“How God Sees Unity”
Can’t we all get along? Read over Psalm 133. Why do you think God says it is “good and pleasant” when Hip people (today that’s the church) “live together in unity”?
Discuss some of the things that unity is not (i.e. just agreement, togetherness, sameness, etc.).
Read Ephesians 4:3 – “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
· What do you think it means to “make every effort” to keep the Spirit of unity?
· What is the “spirit of unity”?
Read Romans 15:5-16 – How does this passage speak to unity?
Discuss the following ways that God see unity:
(1) Unity is walking with lowliness (see Ephesians 4:1-2; Romans 12:3)
(2) Unity is living with longsuffering (see Ephesians 4:1-2; Romans 2:4)
(3) Unity is acting in love (see Ephesians 4:1-2; Galatians 5:14-15)
Finish by reading Colossians 3:13-14 – note how love binds all virtues together in perfect unity.
Spend time in prayer that our church family would experience the spirit of unity that God finds as good and pleasant.