Lesson 1 The Lord's Suppe
Sermon Discussion Questions
1. Can you remember the first time you took of the Lord’s Supper? What have you mostly heard it called: Communion, Lord’s Supper, the Eucharist, or something different?
2. Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-29. The Lord’s Supper is mean to be a time of remembrance and reflection. What practices have you used when you partake of the Lord’s Supper to help you remember and reflect?
3. The Lord’s supper should help us to identify with what Jesus Christ did for us. Here are some discussion points of what Jesus did:
· He saved us from the penalty of sin (Read Romans 6:23)
· He saved us from the power of sin (Read 1 Corinthians 15:55-57)
· He will ultimately save us from the presence of sin (Read 1 John 3:2)
4. What should your attitude be when you take the Lord’s supper?
When we take the Lord’s Supper, we do several things: We publicly identify our faith in Christ. We publicly identify our love for Christ. We publicly state that we want to be closer to Christ. When we participate in the Lord’s Supper, we worship God because it requires us to “examine your motives, test your heart, come to this meal in holy awe” (1 Corinthians 11:29 MSG)
Next Week: Lesson 2 “The Garden of Gethsemane” pe&&mo슘7=