Reading God's Word for Growth
Ham Lane Church of Christ
Sermon Study Sheet
Compelled to Grow
Reading the Bible for Spiritual Growth
Jesus said, “Those who hear the teaching of God and obey it—they are the ones who are truly blessed.” Luke 11:28 (ICB)
The Bible is the living Word of God (Heb.4:12) and is a light to our path (Ps.119:105). If we are compelled to grow, it all begins by reading God’s Word for spiritual growth.
· Read Romans 10:17
- Where does faith come from?
- What habits do you have currently when it come to hearing a reading the Word of God?
· Read James 1:19-25
- What does being quick to listen, slow to become angry, and removing moral filth and evil have to do with accepting the Word of God?
- How can the Word of God be like a mirror?
- Why is memorization and mediation important in reading God’s Word?
Discuss some way to stay accountable to reading God’s Word for Spiritual Growth.
Close in prayer and ask God to help you be a person of His Word and to try apply and live out His Word in your life.