Six Keys to Spiritual Growth 1
Ham Lane Church of Christ
Sermon Study Sheet
Compelled to Grow
The 6 Keys to Spiritual Growth 1 of 2
We are not meant to remain as children at the mercy of every chance wind of teaching… But we are meant to hold firmly to the truth in love, and to grow up in every way into Christ, the head. Ephesians 4:14-16 (PHILLIPS)
KEY 1 – FEEDING ON GOD’S WORD
· What Bible study habits do you currently have? Are you satisfied with the time you spend reading God’s Word? How might you improve this?
· Read Acts 20:32 – What is God able to do with the message of His Grace in your life? How might you work with God in this growth?
· Discuss the 6 Step hand illustration for the Word of God:
HEAR – READ -STUDY – MEMORIZE – MEDITATE – APPLY
KEY 2 – GROWING IN GOD’S GRACE
· Read 2 Peter 3:18 – What does it mean to “grow in God’s Grace”?
· Why is it important to understand that we all learn and grow differently?
KEY 3 – DEVELOPING GODLY HABITS
· We all have good and bad habit; what are some “Godly Habits” we should develop?
· Read John 13:17 – What does Jesus say is the next step when we know what God calls us to do?
Close with a time of prayer and ask God to help you have the desire to feed on His Word, grow in His Grace, and develop Godly habits. Next week, we will look at Keys 4, 5, & 6 of Spiritual Growth.