The Habits of Spiritual Growth
Sermon Study Sheet 10/13/2019
Compelled to Grow
“The Habits of Spiritual Growth”
There’s no such thing as instant spiritual growth; it’s a gradual process of development. The Bible says, “So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding” (Hebrews 6:1 NLT).
Daily Habits of Spiritual Growth
1. Listen to God Through His Word (The Bible).
Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32
· How does “holding to Jesus’ teaching” so that you “are really His disciples?”
2. Speak to God through prayer.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. John 15:7-8
· What prayer habits do you currently (private & corporate)? How might you instill a habit of daily prayer in your life?
Weekly Habits of Spiritual Growth
1. Give back to God (read 2 Corinthians 9:7-8)
· How does giving back to God aid in your spiritual growth? (Remember if Jesus is not the Lord of our money, our time, and our talents, He’s not the Lord of our Life).
2. Connecting (fellowshipping) with other believers (read Acts 2:42-47)
· Why do we need both large group worship and small group fellowship to grow spiritually?
Close with a time of prayer asking God to make habits a part of your walk with Him.